[cisco-voip] Changing timeout value for dial-peer hunting

Gavrilov, Anatoly Anatoly.Gavrilov at gsjbw.com
Mon Jul 13 04:10:31 EDT 2009

Hi Guys,

I've configured two simple dial-peers on a voice gateway:

dial-peer voice 1111 voip
 description test Primary
 preference 1
 destination-pattern 1199
 session protocol sipv2
 session target ipv4:10.10.10.10
 session transport udp

dial-peer voice 1112 voip
 description test Primary
 preference 2
 destination-pattern 1199
 session protocol sipv2
 session target ipv4:10.10.10.11
 session transport udp

I've tested hunting and I've found the following behaviour:

If 10.10.10.10 is pingable, the call immediately goes to the second dial-peer

But if 10.10.10.10 is not pingable, Voice gateway will wait 60 seconds before the call goes to the second dial-peer.

Do you know what command I can use to reduce that value to 5 seconds?  Like "h225 timeout tcp establish 5" but for the SIP calls?

Thanks and Cheers!

Best Regards,
Anatoly

Please consider our environment before printing this email

Please note that Goldman Sachs JBWere makes important disclosures of its interests at http://www.gsjbw.com/Disclosures.  If you do not wish to receive future communications of this nature, you can unsubscribe by going to http://www.gsjbw.com/?p=Unsubscribe&S=Anatoly.Gavrilov@gsjbw.com.  If you require any further information regarding our SPAM policy, please email spam-officer at gsjbw.com.  This communication and its attachments are also subject to copyright.

NOTICE TO RECIPIENTS: The information contained in and accompanying this communication may be confidential, subject to legal privilege, or otherwise protected from disclosure, and is intended solely for the use of the intended recipient(s). If you are not the intended recipient of this communication, please delete and destroy all copies in your possession, notify the sender that you have received this communication in error, and note that any review or dissemination of, or the taking of any action in reliance on, this communication is expressly prohibited. E-mail messages may contain computer viruses or other defects, may not be accurately replicated on other systems, or may be intercepted, deleted or interfered with without the knowledge of the sender or the intended recipient.
To the extent permitted by law Goldman Sachs JBWere makes no warranties, and expressly disclaims any liability, in relation to the contents of this message. Goldman Sachs JBWere reserves the right to intercept and monitor the content of e-mail messages to and from its systems.