[cisco-voip] Changing timeout value for dial-peer hunting

Tim Smith thsglobal at gmail.com
Mon Jul 13 08:43:58 EDT 2009

Hi,

2 things to look at...

1. Under your dial-peer look into the  "*monitor probe icmp-ping* X.X.X.X"
command
If destination does not respond it shuts down that dial-peer.. therefore
failover should be instant.

2. Global config - you can adjust your timers - it will try 6 times, with 3
sec timeout by default
sip-ua
retry invite 3
timers trying 2

Use combo of trying time and number of invites to reach your goal.

Cheers,

Tim