[cisco-voip] Conference Bridging Issues - 6509 with CMM-ACT

Matthew Linsemier mlinsemier at apassurance.com
Mon Jul 13 14:54:54 EDT 2009

Are the 7960's that your are calling all running the same codec?  Correct me
if I'm wrong, but I am pretty sure you should be able to do a three-party
conference (just like you described), without using any conferencing
resources (as the 7960 can mix two other media streams).

On 7/13/09 1:03 PM, "Dane" <dane at pktloss.net> wrote:

> Having some trouble getting the conference bridging moved over to the
> CMM's in my 6509s.  CallManager is running 4.1(3)
>
> I thought I setup everything correctly but adhoc conferencing from
> phones isn't working.
>
> I guess the first question I have is to make sure I am not confusing
> things.  The conferencing I am attempting is from my 7960.  I call one
> user, press the confrn softkey on phone and it places user on hold and
> provides me dialtone to call another user.  I do that and other user
> picks up and I then hit confrn. softkey one more time.
>
> When I do that it hangs up on both users and says "Can Not Join Calls".
>
> I think I had three basic things I needed to do in order to get these
> CMM-ACT's working.
>
> 1. Configure the CMM IOS side to support the conference bridging
> 2. Add the new conference bridges in CallManager (also removed the old
> ones point to 6608s)
> 3. Add the new conference bridge media resources to the existing media
> resource group and remove the old ones.
>
> All of these steps were done but obviously I either did something
> incorrectly or I am missing something.
>
> Here is my config on the CMM:
>

> mediacard 3
>  resource-pool conf_bridging dsps 2
> !
> !
> sccp local GigabitEthernet1/0
> sccp ccm 10.61.100.71 identifier 2 version 4.1
> sccp ccm 10.61.100.70 identifier 1 version 4.1
> sccp
> !
> sccp ccm group 1
>  bind interface GigabitEthernet1/0
>  associate ccm 1 priority 2
>  associate ccm 2 priority 1
>  associate profile 1 register C05001a6c0368d6
> !
> dspfarm
> !
> dspfarm profile 1 conference adhoc
>  rtp timeout 600
>  codec g711ulaw packetization-period 30
>  codec g711alaw packetization-period 30
>  codec g729r8 packetization-period 30
>  codec g729ar8 packetization-period 30
>  codec g723r63 packetization-period 30
>  codec g723r53 packetization-period 30
>  vad override off
>  associate resource-pool conf_bridging
>

> On CallManager I added the conference bridge as follows and it does
> show as registered:
>
> Type:  Cisco Conference Bridge (WS-SVC-CMM)
> Name:  C05001A6C0368D6
> MAC: 001A6C0368D6
> Subunit:  3
> Max Capacity: 32  --->  This was default, doesn't 1 dsp handle 32?
> Resource pool shows 2 dsps, matter?
> RTP Timeout:  600
>

> Appreciate any thoughts or suggestions about this.
>
> Regards,
> Dane

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT
This communication and any attachments are CONFIDENTIAL and may
be protected by one or more legal privileges. It is intended
solely for the use of the addressee identified above. If you
are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure, copying
or distribution of this communication is UNAUTHORIZED. Neither
this information block, the typed name of the sender, nor
anything else in this message is intended to constitute an
electronic signature unless a specific statement to the
contrary is included in this message. If you have received this
communication in error, please immediately contact me and delete
this communication from your computer. Thank you.