[cisco-voip] Conference Bridging Issues - 6509 with CMM-ACT

Dane dane at pktloss.net
Mon Jul 13 15:25:13 EDT 2009

You know thats what I was wondering and thinking.

All the phones are 7960's and all use the same codec throughout.

I always thought the phones themselves were suppose to be able to do
basic conference bridging like that.

However this issue did not occur until after I removed some old 6608's
that I didn't realize some resources on them had been configured for
the conference bridging.

I thought for basic conf. bridging (say three phones like I described)
would use the phones resources and not resources defined in
CallManager.  I 'thought' those resources didn't come into play until
you tried to setup a meet-me conference or something along those lines
that involved more then the few resources the phones can provide.

Guess its time I go read up on conferencing again.  Every time I think
I know something I am reminded just how little I know.