[cisco-voip] Telco, New PRI Questions

Truelove_John JTruelove at aetinc.com
Mon Jul 13 15:42:45 EDT 2009

Jeff,

Verizon will want to put a number on the PRI for billing / trouble
tickets purposes, it can be any of your current numbers or have them
give you a new number.

You will want Verizon to install the PRI and make it activate, if
needed, have them put a test number on the PRI for configuration and
setup in your Gateway/CCM.

After everything is tested and working with your test number or a number
you have that is not in use,

put in a ticket with Verizon to move the DID/POTS numbers you want over
to that PRI at a time that is convenient for your business.

You should have completed a Verizon ISDN PRI Data Gathering form that
you would have listed all the numbers you wanted on the new PRI line.

When I did this in the past, I used a range of DIDs that were not in use
and one of those numbers was assigned to the PRI.

I then put in a ticket after everything was working to ported all other
numbers over to that PRI.

HTH

John