[cisco-voip] 2821 MGCP Faxing Problem

JASON BURWELL JASON.BURWELL at foundersfcu.com
Tue Jul 14 11:14:45 EDT 2009

I am having problems receiving faxes in on a particular MGCP 2821
gateway. The only difference I notice on the q931 debug is on the other
gateways where faxing works, the Transfer capability changes to
"Transfer Capability=3.1khz audio" when a fax call comes in. On non-fax
calls, the Transfer capability is always "Transfer Capability=Speech".

On the problem gateway, ALL calls fax and otherwise have "Transfer
Capability=Speech"

Any ideas on how to turn on detection so the gateway will switch to
Transfer Capability=3.1khz audio when a fax is detected?

Thanks!
Jason