[cisco-voip] Problems with a VoIP dial-peer

Billy Seale billys at dakota2k.com
Wed Jul 15 15:43:05 EDT 2009

I'm having an issue with a VoIP dial peer from one CME router to
another.

!

dial-peer voice 100 voip

  destination-pattern 1...

 session protocol sipv2

 session target ipv4:192.168.167.2

 dtmf-relay sip-notify

 codec g711ulaw

 no vad

!

dial-peer voice 6000 voip

 destination-pattern 6...

 session protocol sipv2

 session target ipv4:192.168.166.250

 dtmf-relay sip-notify

 codec g711ulaw

 no vad

!

As you can see I have two dial peers.  The 1xxx is for extensions on the
remote CME and the 6xxx is the Unity Express on the same remote router.
The issue I'm having is that sometimes the 1xxx dial peer works just
fine and then others I get a fast busy along with an unknown extension
error.  The 6xxx dial peer works always.  The remote router never has
any issues calling extensions on this router.  Any suggestions on what
maybe causing this?

Thank you,

Billy Seale

Network Engineer

CCNA, CWNA, DCSE, CIPTX

Dakota 2000

"The future of communications"

207 E. Missouri Avenue, Pierre, SD 57501

Phone - (800) 747-6427   Fax - (605) 945-2200

 www.dakota2k.com <http://www.dakota2k.com/>