[cisco-voip] Unity Connection 7 Cluster MWI

Michael Back Michael.Back at nisd.net
Thu Jul 16 10:19:48 EDT 2009

I am in the process of adding HA servers to my Connection Clusters.
When I force the primary to stop taking calls, the secondary works
without a hitch, except that it will not send out MWI updates to the
phone.  After adding the HA server I created a new port group for the HA
ports.  That port group has MWI enabled.  MWI on and off extensions are
the same on both port groups.  All the new ports are configured so that
they can dial out MWI, and all the new ports are associated with the
default phone system.  If I watch port status monitor on the primary, I
can manually refresh MWI on a mail box using the primary admin page and
see one of the ports dialing out to the phone.  If I switch port status
monitor to look at the HA server, I manually refresh MWI for a mail box
using the HA admin page, and nothing is sent out.  Am I missing some
configuration on the HA server to get MWI to function properly?

Thanks,

MB