[cisco-voip] Call Manager RingTone tftp Write error

Joe Halenkamp - JHH JHH at djj.com
Fri Jul 24 14:14:13 EDT 2009

I am implementing Ringtones for our disaster or emergency awareness
through our Call Manager 6.1(2) system.

The objective is that during say a fire emergency, a broadcast message
is sent out to a select number of phones and will automaticall take the
phone off hook-going Voice first and announce the message stating there
is a fire.  This part is set up and works.

The part I am having difficult with is on one message I have uploaded to
the CCM-Publisher is giving a number of phones an error message stating:

"TFTP Write Error" and I cannot hear the message or select the message.
This ringtone does work on my 7962 telephone, but on a wide section of
7960 telephones it gives me the error.

Does anyone have issues with ring-tones in general with this particular
CCM version release?
I have deleted the ringtones and re installed them with the same effect
and  am hoping someone can assist.

Thank you in advance,

Joe Halenkamp