[cisco-voip] Early media with cisco 5400

Laurent Schweizer laurent.schweizer at peoplefone.com
Sat Jul 25 12:00:56 EDT 2009

Hello,

I have a cisco 5400 and I have a problem with early media.

When I receive a call from PSTN to voip and then this call is forwarded to a
PSTN destination via an other GW, this other GW send me back a 183 Session
in progress with SDP .

The problem is that the GW is not transferring the voice to the PSTN  or  as
I use a RTP proxy, maybe the cisco AS5400 don't send RTP traffic, so the RTP
proxy can't start the relay (he wait 1 RTP packet to detect the
publicIP/port)

When the user answer , the tha call is OK in both way.

any idea how to solve this ?

In my config I have set:

voice call send-alert

voice rtp send-recv

!

dial-peer voice 2 voip

 destination-pattern 2T

 progress_ind setup enable 3

 progress_ind progress enable 8

 translate-outgoing called 1

 voice-class codec 7

 session protocol sipv2

 session target ipv4:203.40.5.100

 dtmf-relay rtp-nte

 no vad

!

gateway

!

sip-ua

 nat symmetric check-media-src

 retry invite 8

 retry bye 2

 retry cancel 2

 timers expires 120000

link to 2 calls, first only 183 session in progress and secondl, an answered
calls:

http://pastebin.com/m26a0e423