[cisco-voip] External Call Forwarding

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Tue Jul 28 09:39:01 EDT 2009

You need to work with your provider to find the best solution as it
is them doing the re-writing.

-Ryan

On Jul 28, 2009, at 4:15 AM, Malcolm Caldwell wrote:

So,

I have a question related but different:

I am trying out mobility and SNR.

When calls from internal numbers are presented to my mobile everything
is fine, and I see the correct calling number.

When calls from external sources come through, the calling number is
re-written and appear to come from the main number for our site,

     EXCEPT

If a call comes in from an external source which happens to have its
last 4 digits the same as the last 4 digits of our indial ranges then
the call appears to come from one of our extensions, even though it did
not.

What is happening seems to be: all calls need to come from our indial
range, otherwise our carrier re-writes the caller-id to our main number.
Except, they don't check the whole number, just the last 4 digits.

Which is not a very good solution.

Is there a way to get this to work in a sensible manor?

Can redirecting IE be used to enable this to work?