[cisco-voip] Attendant console question

Granger, Simon simon.granger at fmglobal.com
Tue Jun 2 08:04:08 EDT 2009

Hi

We have an attendant console in our office, it lists all the users extensions from a text file so that they can see the line status (i.e call forwarded, on the phone)

It works well for the one office, but the problem is that it cannot be used to transfer between offices as they need to dial an 8 then the phone number for another office.

If we put the text file to an 8 (number) then they cannot see the status of the directory number.

We have a translation pattern to strip the 8 after they have dialled it, so having another one to put an 8 in causes a bit of a loop....

Does any one have any suggestions how they implemented this, with a similar issue?

Call manager 6

Thanks

Simon

Registered No. 755780 England
Registered Office: FM Insurance Company Limited
1 Windsor Dials, Windsor,
Berkshire, UK, SL4 1RS
Regulated by the Financial Services Authority.
VAT No. G.B.: 792 4276 02