[cisco-voip] DIDs direct to VM?

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 13:35:54 EDT 2009

I like making hunt pilots out of those numbers and pointing to unity's
hunt group.

With v5 or 6 I believe you can have a line defined in the db now that
is still active even without an associated device - haven't messed
with it myself, but seems you could just create the line and have it
forwarded to VM if you like that better. CTI RP would work the same
way.

On Tue, Jun 2, 2009 at 12:24 PM, Madziarczyk, Jonathan
<JMad at cityofevanston.org> wrote:
> We’ve got a few inbound DIDs that go direct to VM (snow route hotlines,
> beach report lines, etc.)  Up until now we’ve just been making dummy phones
> and adding the lines to them with a “forward all” to VM.
>

> Now that I’ve upgraded to 6.x from 4.x I have to keep track of my unit
> licenses so this is a bit tricker now and I’m trying to find a “right” way
> to do this.
>

> The lines don’t need to answered by a live person, I’m just not sure what
> Cisco’s solution for putting a line in the system that is not tied to a
> phone.
>

> Suggestions?
>

> JM

Ed Leatherman