[cisco-voip] PIMG configs

Pat Hayes pat-cv at wcyv.com
Wed Jun 3 15:34:38 EDT 2009

A direct call to the pilot typically wouldn't have a redirecting
number, you'd only see that on a forwarded call. For a direct call to
get routed to sign-in, you need a calling party number (need to know
what mailbox you want to sign in to). Depending on what you see for
calling party, there are a few typical problems:

Receiving too many/not enough digits - you can setup some translations
on the PIMG side or add alternate extensions for each subscriber in
Unity

No digits - Either the PBX isn't sending them to the PIMG or the
parsing rules are screwed up. Try pulling one of the lines going to
the PIMG and plugging it into a digital set (unless of course you have
an analog PIMG). Make a call that will land on that port and see if
you get call info on the display

Totally wrong digits - Either something is up on the PBX (use above
method to see what it is sending) or the parsing rules on the PIMG are
incorrect.