[cisco-voip] POTS Lines and Connection Plar

Jeff Ruttman ruttmanj at carewisc.org
Tue Jun 2 15:22:19 EDT 2009

Greetings,

We use POTS lines for 911 dialing, and I've been playing with connection
plar statements.  On the router on which I recently setup 911 dialing,
the plar statement works just fine.  On some existing routers that
pre-date my time here, they do not.

In one case I get a busy signal.  In another it rings and rings and
rings--and rings.  In another it sends the call to our main reception.

I can successfully call OUT of all these POTS lines in question.

If I see no evidence of these POTS numbers in Call Manager and if there
are no plar statements--or it ignores a plar statement if I put them on
the router--I assume the results I'm getting are on the telco side?  For
example:  outbound service only, telco-side forwarding, or something
else?

Or is there some other way these could be configured or misconfigured as
the case may be?

Thanks
jeff
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this email including attachments is intended for the specific delivery to and use by the individual(s) to whom it is addressed, and includes information which should be considered as private and confidential. Any review, retransmission, dissemination, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please reply to the sender immediately and delete the original message and any copy of it from your computer system. Thank you.