[cisco-voip] Can Unity Voicemail 5x transfer direct to voicemail without ringing phone...

Go0se me at go0se.com
Tue Jun 2 15:53:06 EDT 2009

I've been meaning to address this for a few days. and I apologize, I'm
digging up an excerpt from an old post (below) that I pulled off the
Internets (I already deleted the email)

I've implemented the method below for quite some time but does anyone have a
way around the following example?:

You are on a call that you wish to forward directly to voicemail so you hit
TRANSFER, then dial "*" plus the extension, but before you can hit transfer
a 2nd time, you already hear "Hi, this is Joe" (or whatever the user's
greeting is) - and the person you are transferring misses the first part of
the greeting?

-Go0se
http:/atc.go0se.com

This enables a end user or operator with a 7941 phone to do a Transfer *XXXX
Transfer and send caller direct to Voicemail.

Transferring Calls Directly to Voice Mail with Cisco CallManager

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/sw/voicesw/ps556/products_tech_note09186
a00800dea82.shtml