[cisco-voip] Upgrade from callmanager 3.1 to 3.3(4) issue

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Wed Jun 3 09:35:56 EDT 2009

You messed up at step 4.  Try these steps, but be aware you need to
have an STI backup (using the latest STI Backup utility available on
cisco.com) of the 3.1 system before you start.

1. Take STI backup of existing 3.1 CCM.  Save the backup file and all
files on the D: drive of the server to a safe location.
2- Install the Operating System by Using Same Server Recovery and
tell it you are restoring from backup (this is supposed to keep it
from wiping the D: drive).

2- Install whatever OS upgrades you see fit.

3. Install CCM 3.3 using the install disks you have to order via PUT
tool (I hope they are still there).  During install it should ask for
the location of your backup file you saved off in step 1.

4.  Upgrade any SQL2k service packs, CCM SR, and CCM device packs to
get you where you want to go.

At this point you can go all the way up to 4.2 (TAC support is never
a bad thing) without having to reimage the OS again.

If the 3.3(4) docs aren't clear check out the ones for 3.3(2) or 3.3
(3).  The procedure is exactly the same.

-Ryan