[cisco-voip] IPCC and Call Manager Upgrades

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Mon Jun 8 11:52:31 EDT 2009

Biggest pain we had doing an upgrade for UCCX - make sure to get your
licensing squared away and make sure it's right well in advance, so
you have time to resolve any problems that may come up.

For example, I had a hard time getting my HA license to actually work
in UCCX 5, the upgrade license didn't permit the HA license from v4 to
activate. Cisco licensing ended up having to make a new UCCX5 license
with the feature, but it took awhile.

On Mon, Jun 8, 2009 at 10:34 AM, Mike J. Erickson<mjerickson at orbits.net> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> Somewhat general question.
>
> We are running CM 4.2SR3 and IPCCX 4.0(5).  We want to get both upgraded to
> 7, but it sounds like a tremendous task.  Anyone have any experiences with
> this type of upgrade or suggestions on which path to take?  We are going to
> go with new hardware.  I am wondering if there is some way to stage this
> kind of upgrade.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Mike Erickson
> Systems Engineer