[cisco-voip] CCM 6.1 CCMAdmin timeout

Walt Moody moody at arizona.edu
Mon Jun 8 12:35:17 EDT 2009

Yes, Bill, I do (see this as a big deal).  Whose security policy is
this?  Why would it be a hard and fast "rule" that every admin console
time out after a fixed period of inactivity without regard to other
tasks on other systems that may be required in order to complete the
work?  Why would technicians in a physically secure administration
facility have to log on more than once per shift?

You may not see the big deal about logging back in after a timeout, but
others do.  Why not have a default timeout enabled in the CUCM (and CER
for that matter) with the institution having the ability to modify or
disable it in accord with local security practices?

Having a timeout is a good thing.  Having it hard coded is not.

-walt