[cisco-voip] VAD/dialpeer problem on AS5350 with anonymous calls from SIP to ISDN

Nick Matthews matthnick at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 09:32:36 EDT 2009

Hi Andreas,

In this case, from what you've shown, you do not have a defined
incoming dial peer.

Incoming voip dial peer hunting will search like this:

1.  incoming called number on called number
2.  answer-address on calling number
3.  destination-pattern on calling number
4.  Use dial peer 0.

In this case you don't have the first two, so for calls with a calling
number you match on 3.  For calls without a calling number you match
on 4.  Dial peer 0 should be avoided as it is not intended to be used
for production traffic, since you cannot configure it.

If you were to add 'incoming called-number .' on your voip dial peer
you should match an incoming dial peer correctly.

-nick