[cisco-voip] VAD/dialpeer problem on AS5350 with anonymous calls from SIP to ISDN

Andreas Sikkema ASikkema at office.unet.nl
Tue Jun 9 07:04:08 EDT 2009

Hi,

I've got an AS5350 connected to a couple of ISDN lines and calls that are
going from SIP to the ISDN side (and vice versa). Only on calls going from
SIP to ISDN where the calling party has their CLID turned off the 5350
will use VAD on the audio towards the calling party. All other calls will
have VAD turned off in both directions. I would really like to configure
the 5350 to do this correctly (no VAD at all) but I'm stumped on where to
do this. I'm running 12.4(20)T.

These are the relevant snippets of my configuration:

voice class codec 1
 codec preference 1 g711alaw bytes 160
 codec preference 2 g711ulaw bytes 160
 codec preference 3 g729br8 bytes 20
 codec preference 4 g729r8 bytes 20

voip-incoming translation-rule called 9999

translation-rule 9999
 Rule 0 ^1 99991
 Rule 1 ^2 99992
 Rule 2 ^3 99993
 Rule 3 ^4 99994
 Rule 4 ^5 99995
 Rule 5 ^6 99996
 Rule 6 ^7 99997
 Rule 7 ^8 99998
 Rule 8 ^9 99999

dial-peer voice 9999 pots
 trunkgroup xxxxxxx
 destination-pattern 9999

dial-peer voice 1 pots
 incoming called-number .
 direct-inward-dial
 port 3/0:D

(one for each of the isdn lines in use)

dial-peer voice 1001 voip
 destination-pattern .
 voice-class codec 1
 voice-class sip profiles 100
 session protocol sipv2
 session target dns:xxxxxxxxx
 dtmf-relay rtp-nte sip-notify sip-kpml
 no vad

The ISDN lines (serial interfaces) are configured to be in the relevant
trunkgroup.

What is configured incorrectly here?

--
Andreas Sikkema