[cisco-voip] A simple QOS implementation for VOIP?

John Lange john at johnlange.ca
Tue Jun 9 16:44:49 EDT 2009

I'm trying to create a relatively simplistic QOS implementation that
simply prioritizes all traffic to and from a voip server.

The device is a Cisco 871 connected to a typical cable modem with a
theoretical speed limit of 1 mb/s upload but measured at about .65 mb/s.

This is the config I've come up with. I've tested it and it seems to be
doing something but I'm not 100% convinced this is correct.

Is this the right methodology? And if so, is the shape average in the
correct place?

-----

class-map match-any voip1
 match access-group name host-voip1