[cisco-voip] A simple QOS implementation for VOIP?

Nick Matthews matthnick at gmail.com
Tue Jun 9 21:12:29 EDT 2009

Hi John,

This isn't quite right.  The percent keyword is going to use:
1.  Physical speed of link it is applied to
2.  Shaper or Policer value in the parent policy above it.

In this case your priority percent is applied directly to the interface.

Change it to this, and you'll be better off:

class-map match-any voip1
 match access-group name host-voip1

policy-map policy-qos1
 class class-default
   shape average 650000
   service-policy policy-qos2

policy-map policy-qos2
 class voip1
   priority percent 60

interface FastEthernet4
 service-policy output policy-qos1

As well, your access list seems to make it look like all of your voice
is going to one server.  If you're sure this is the case it works.
Most cases the phones will talk to other phones directly, and you're
better off with something like this:

class-map match-any phone-traffic
match dscp ef
match protocol rtp audio