[cisco-voip] [OSL | CCIE_Voice] Blocking CUPC clients from seeing presence of other CUPC clients...

Jonathan Charles jonvoip at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 00:40:23 EDT 2009

Yeah, I told the customer that, he was offended that that was all I could do...

He has a lot of users who need to not be able to send messages to
other users (mostly the IT help desk is getting pounded by IMs from
everyone who should be calling in thru UCCX).

He wants the users to not be able to send IMs or even see the status
of his help desk people.... if he has to have each of his IT people
block a user each time a user sends an IM, this is going to get out of
control fast...

I did find one way, but it blows (rearranging the OUs of his network)...

Now, if Cisco let you configure multiple LDAP user search bases, and
add them to a specific profile, so I could segment out the help desk
and just not add them to be searchable... that would work, but Cisco
only lets you select ONE LDAP search criterium.

Jonathan