[cisco-voip] [OSL | CCIE_Voice] CUPC Presence statuses...

Cristobal Priego cristobalpriego at gmail.com
Tue Jun 23 15:18:00 EDT 2009

Brian,

if you don't see the status "on the phone"  you need to start the
troubleshooting on CCM, this is not a CUPS issue.
Please double check your SIP trunk (ip address and port number), also check
the sip security profile, also check on CCM that the CUP SIP trunk is not
misconfigured; if all of that is correct, check the presence CUCM Gateway on
CUPS.

if all of that is configured correctly, run the CUPS troubleshooter and try
to fix the warning/errors

also please check your trace, generate a detailed trace and start checking
when the phone goes off hook

StationInit. OffHook SEP000000000
after you see this line, CUCM needs to send out a PUBLISH SIP message to
CUPS which is the message that will make the presence change on CUPC as "on
the phone"

Cris