[cisco-voip] CUPC Presence statuses...

Cristobal Priego cristobalpriego at gmail.com
Fri Jun 12 13:53:59 EDT 2009

the first thing that you need to do to get the Calendaring status to work is
to upload the certificates from you exchange server to Presence, if you have
an owa server its easier. once you have done it you need to create an
account in AD that will have read only permissions to the users mailboxes
and then configure the account under voicemail profile. also on the CUPC go
to File>preference>statu, and check the box that says show me as "in a
meeting".

if you can't get the status "on the phone" you need to start the
troubleshooting in callmanager
all presence information (reachability, phone presence, calendar presence)
is delivered from CUPS to CUPC by a SIP NOTIFY message.
you can run the troubleshooter in CUPS to eleminate basic configuration
erros
on CCM check that the SIP trunk was configured with the proper ip address
and/or destination port
also check the SIP security profile.

if this isn't working yet. pull the CCM trace and look for

StationInit *Offhook *SEP<MAC ADDRESS>
then check that CCM send out a Publish SIP Message to CUPS

"PUBLISH sip:ipuser@<ip address>:5070

let me know how it works

I didn't have the meeting stuff working because we don't have Meetingplace
express or Webex, we are going to deploy webex pretty soon and I'm going to
try to integrate it with presence.