[cisco-voip] Convert Progress to Disconnect ISDN Q931 Message

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Wed Jun 17 09:01:52 EDT 2009

Interoperability issues aside what should happen when you get that
Progress message is that audio gets cut through to the gateway so the
PBX can play the user busy tone in-band.  Because your calling party
is an H.323 gateway you will need to make sure it is configured to
cut through audio before connect.  The 'voice rtp send-recv' command
is required for this to work.  I believe http://www.cisco.com/en/US/
tech/tk1077/technologies_tech_note09186a0080094c33.shtml is also a
good read.

Regarding the service parameter as it notes it will only apply when
the PRI protocol type is PRI EURO and the Protocol Side is User.   I
would not be surprised if it did not affect a Qsig PRI.

-Ryan