[cisco-voip] Phones Ring but no voice? CME- to other Router

Robin Clayton Robin.Clayton at rrca.org.uk
Thu Jun 18 03:31:35 EDT 2009

Hi Guys

I did some more testing last night,

I did the

debug voip cappi inout

there' was stuff logged on both routers but it did not make a whole
heap of sense to me ( Noob!!! )

I did some other testing,

I set up CME on the other router, so it's now one router with IP & FXO
and the other router with just IP.

As before I can call
IP <-> FXO on the same router works fine
IP <-> FXO on different routers ends up with no voice
IP <-> IP on different routers ends up with no voice

If I force the codecs to be wrong then I don't even get a ring on the
destination phone.

Furthermore, I checked the status of the calls "call stats" on the 7940
and it shows

RxType G711a
TxType G711a

on both phones.

But what is most interesting, is that

RxCnt ( Recived packet Count ) never moves of Zero
TxCnt ( Transmited packet Count ) increments as time passes during the
call.

So, packets are going but not getting where they are supposed to by the
looks of things, which is a little odd as they are on the same subnet.
And the SCCP packets must be going the right way as the phones ring.

I am going to try an E&M connection between the two routers tonight and
see if that works at all....

Cheers

Rob

===============================
Robin Clayton
Network Manager
Tel: 01228822075

Richard Rose Central Academy
Edgehill Road
Carlisle
Cumbria
CA1 3SL

Tel: 01228 822060
Fax: 01228 822061

http://www.richardroseacademies.org/

>>> Barış Gülten <barisgulten at gmail.com> 18/06/2009 00:06 >>>

I think, maby be two reason about this issue.
1-      Ip connectivity problem. Be sure ping each other.
2-      Codec problem, select same codec each one.