[cisco-voip] CUCM 6.0 Calling Search Space issue...

cem caglayan cem.caglayan at gmail.com
Fri Jun 19 04:45:38 EDT 2009

Ok i found something. when i looked at the partitions, i figured out that
there are 33 of them. I clicked one of the listed partitions which defined
as emergency calls, i selected time schedule that i created. And did the
test whether i can call emergency numbers or not. But no use. It did not
work out.

Let me describe the time schedule which i created. I am going to demonstrate
it as seen in CUCM.Name: test
Time of Day Start: typetimeofday.TIMEOFDAY_SLICE40
Time of Day End: typetimeofday.TIMEOFDAY_SLICE41
Repeat Every Week from TypeDayOfWeek.DAYOFWEEK_MON through
TypeDayOfWeek.DAYOFWEEK_SUN

I selected slice 40 (as i figured out 1 slice equals to 15mins.) as it
indicates that time is 10:00. I selected that because it's 11:00 o'clock in
here. After configuring time period , i selected this into the Time Schedule
option, and named it test_emergency_calls.

After creating Time schedule, i got into the partition which i mentioned
above, and selected the Time Schedule test_emergency_calls.

I could not find TURKEY in specific time list box so i selected the option
"originating device". Could it be the problem? Not selecting the appropriate
time zone??

In brief, i configured all the emergency calls to be able to performed
between 10:00 and 10:15 but did not work out. Besides i was searching the
cisco documentation and found a sentence which is a little weird.

"TOD settings comes into effect when the lines are included in a Hunt List.
The settings only apply to the Hunt Pilot and not to the lines within that
Hunt List. "

As i know hunt lists are imaginary DN's that combines pre-defined numbers of
DN's under one to form a pool. As a matter of fact, there isn't any
possibility that all used DN's could be in a Hunt list.

I am a little bit confused now...

Thanks in advance

CEM