[cisco-voip] Upgrading to 6.1 from 6.0 (Licensing)

Jason Burns burns.jason at gmail.com
Sat Jun 20 09:57:00 EDT 2009

Jonathan,

If you had all of the proper licenses for 6.0, they should transfer over
just fine to your 6.1 system. You won't need new licenses for a minor
upgrade like that.

I always recommend making copies of your licenses and keeping them somewhere
safe in the unlikely event that CallManager decides to randomly delete them
during upgrade.

You'll need to make sure you have the following:

Software Feature License
Node License
Phone Unit License

CCM 6.1.3 has gotten a lot better about telling you when you're missing a
certain license. It has big red warning text right on the CCMAdmin login
page when something is amiss with licenses.