[cisco-voip] busy trigger and call transfer

Eric Pedersen eric.pedersen at sait.ca
Tue Jun 23 11:47:12 EDT 2009

I am seeing busy trigger behaviour that seems incorrect to me when calls are being transferred.

User A and User B both have line appearances for DN 1000 with a busy trigger of 2.  User A answers an incoming call to 1000, and then wants to transfer it back to 1000 so user B's phone rings.  However, when user A does this, it goes directly to VM even though user B has no active calls.  I increased user A's busy trigger to 3, but still saw the same behaviour.  To get user B's phone to ring, I had to increase her busy limit to 3 also, which makes no sense to me since she has no active calls.

Is CM behaving strange or am I just missing something?  It is CM 6.1(2).

Thanks,
Eric