[cisco-voip] T.37 Fax Redundancy

ciscozest ciscozest at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 21:19:57 EDT 2009

Hi,

we are planning for on-ramp T.37 store and forward fax and wondering about
the redundancy of this way. Can anyone enlighten me on this? We have an
on-ramp T.37 gateway at site A while the IP fax server is located in
different site. Connectivity is over the WAN.

1. What happen to the active fax session when the WAN link is down? Would
the gateway keep trying to reach the Fax server few times and then give up
and drop the fax content?
2. What happen to the NEW incoming fax session when the WAN link is down?
Would it be stored locally in IOS gateway which run the T.37 protocol?
3. Can I create another dial-peer for the T.37 fax number with higher
preference value and push it to the local fax mahine attached to the FXS
port on the on-ramp gateway?

Thank you