[cisco-voip] Slow to connect calls

Jeff Ruttman ruttmanj at carewisc.org
Thu Jun 25 09:47:04 EDT 2009

Greetings,

Some of our sites have DID trunk ports and POTS lines, and we have MGCP
controlled GWs with FXS and FXO configured.  We also have for these
sites H.323 GWs--which frankly I'm not sure why or what they do.

Anyway, at one of those sites, it takes a count of 15 or more for an
outgoing call to connect.  I know some delay is expected with that
setup, but that's quite a bit longer than at our comparable sites.

Is that length of delay still within expectations?  Or is there
something perhaps I can do to speed that up?

Thanks
jeff
CONFIDENTIALITY NOTICE: The information contained in this email including attachments is intended for the specific delivery to and use by the individual(s) to whom it is addressed, and includes information which should be considered as private and confidential. Any review, retransmission, dissemination, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by anyone other than the intended recipient is prohibited. If you have received this message in error, please reply to the sender immediately and delete the original message and any copy of it from your computer system. Thank you.