[cisco-voip] General Question - SIP clients and UCM 6.1

Mike Taylor mtaylor at employees.org
Mon May 4 00:42:49 EDT 2009

Hello all,

Just a general question on alternate SIP clients that will register to, and
work (well) with UCM 6.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

The reason I ask is that we have quite a few users on CUPC and are having
chronic voice quality issues but IP Communicator running on the same machine
doesn't appear to have too much trouble. And I need to start a list of SIP
clients that do and don't work as possible alternatives....

OCS probably isn't a viable alternative in the short term (software,
licensing, product maturity), but I'm open to all ideas at the moment...

Regards,
Mike Taylor