[cisco-voip] Disappearing Documents

Jim Reed jreed at swiftnews.com
Fri May 8 19:27:38 EDT 2009

Anyone else encountered an issue with IPCC -- we're on 4.x -- where xml
documents disappear for no explainable reason out of and en_us folder in
wfavvid?  That's where we keep several documents that are updated from
within certain scripts.  We have had instances where scripts started having
issues after they had been functioning just fine for long periods of time
and traced the issue to a missing xml document in that folder.  Since access
is very restricted, we checked with those that do have access and no one had
any reason to delete files from that folder.  Wonder if it's a product of
something in the backup process or if in the extremely rare instance where
two (2) calls simultaneously tried to access the document -- it's just
updating a counter -- that such simultaneous access might cause the document
to disappear?

Again, just wondering if anyone else has seen this?

Thank You...
--
Jim Reed
Swift Communications, Inc.