[cisco-voip] Translation patterns for local area calling

Tim Smith thsglobal at gmail.com
Sat May 9 18:10:59 EDT 2009

Hi,

If your setup is fairly simple, then the easiest way may be with the service
parameters. Check out "National Number Prefix" in your callmanager service
parameters. You can add different prefix for different types. (This is
dependant on the info your carrier provides on the inbound call though)
This will only work if all your sites use the same prefixes for the outbound
dialling though.

Why do you need to update every month or so? Is this to accomodate new
sites?

Ive got a little VB app to add translation patterns with AXL, it is very
simple, and probably not the greatest code in the world, but it does the
job. Let me know if you want it.
If your handy with any programming / scripting language, you could knock
something up for yourself fairly easily.

Cheers,

Tim

On Sat, May 9, 2009 at 7:39 AM, Teixeira, Mike <mwteixeira at bendbroadband.net