[cisco-voip] cisco wifi phones - LEAP v PEAP

A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk
Mon May 11 11:44:21 EDT 2009

hi,

I've been prodded regarding the cisco wireless voip phones
and their wireless EAP capabilities. i know they work fine
with LEAP (urgh!) as i was once involved in getting a handful
of them setup like that sometime back - however I've been
questioned about PEAP - apparently some have been reconfigured to
use PEAP instead of LEAP and its not working - the RADIUS
backend does PEAP fine for other clients but not these phones -
do the phones do anything special with PEAP - is it really PEAPv1/GTC
instead of PEAPv0/MSCHAP (that was my first guess)...

alan