[cisco-voip] cisco wifi phones - LEAP v PEAP

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Mon May 11 11:57:13 EDT 2009

What particular phone are you using?  The data sheet for the 7921
indicates it is MS-CHAP v2 for PEAP.
http://www.cisco.com/en/US/prod/collateral/voicesw/ps6788/phones/
ps379/product_data_sheet0900aecd805e315d.html

-Ryan

On May 11, 2009, at 11:44 AM, A.L.M.Buxey at lboro.ac.uk wrote:

hi,

I've been prodded regarding the cisco wireless voip phones
and their wireless EAP capabilities. i know they work fine
with LEAP (urgh!) as i was once involved in getting a handful
of them setup like that sometime back - however I've been
questioned about PEAP - apparently some have been reconfigured to
use PEAP instead of LEAP and its not working - the RADIUS
backend does PEAP fine for other clients but not these phones -
do the phones do anything special with PEAP - is it really PEAPv1/GTC
instead of PEAPv0/MSCHAP (that was my first guess)...

alan