[cisco-voip] I'm Dying Here (2620 Discussion Cont'd)

Matt Slaga (US) Matt.Slaga at us.didata.com
Wed May 13 09:42:45 EDT 2009

You need a network module to use VICs on either.  The XM has a faster
processor and supports more memory and newer code, but the difference
does not go much beyond that.  I have both here in a lab, one with a
NM-2V and the other with a NM-HDV.  If you put a voice card in a
standard WIC slot  (notice they are labeled W0 and not VW0), it will not
work.