[cisco-voip] Remove Caller ID Delay

Jim Reed jreed at swiftnews.com
Thu May 14 13:01:39 EDT 2009

Generally, the first ring you hear when you make a call is never heard on the other end.  That is a "comfort" ring provided by the telco to assure that your call is going through - at least their equipment is working.  The half ring is the trigger that is "waking up" whatever is handling your script/recording that gives the caller their options.  There usually isn't any way to make that first ring go away.  Not too sure about the half ring.  Don't know if there is a way to negate ringback on the system you're using or not.
--
Jim Reed
Swift Communications, Inc.