[cisco-voip] Unity Questions ?

Ed Leatherman ealeatherman at gmail.com
Thu May 14 14:03:15 EDT 2009

Not sure what Unity version you are using, but there are some apps in
the "Tools Depot" that will export a number of informational items
about subscriber accounts. Subscriber information dump i think it's
called? don't it right in front of me at the moment.

You could also look at something like http://www.cmreports.com/shop/
that might be able to provide you with a pretty version of this
information (for a fee)

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 12:45 PM, Dane <dane at pktloss.net> wrote:
> I have been asked to provide answers to a bunch of unity questions
> that relate to a migration and upgrade that is taking place.
>
> Some of these questions seem a bit crazy to me.  I say that because I
> would think there is a way for them to get the answers themselves some
> how.  Some tool or something that could be used to get the info they
> are requesting.
>
> For instance here are some of the questions:
>
> 3).For each called/forwarded number which call handler/subscriber does
> it route to?
> 4).For each Call Handler/Subscriber what are the alternate/close/open
> transfer options?
> 5).For each Call Handler/Subscriber what are the alternate/close/open
> greeting options?
> 6) For each Call Handler/Subscriber what are the call input options?
> 7). Is the default opening greeting call handler used?
> 8). Is the default operator call handler used?
> 9). Is the default goodbye call handler used?
>

> #4,5 and 6 want info on "each subscriber"?  Seriously?  They expect me
> to go and look at 500 subscribers and document what I find?  Has to be
> an easier way.
>
> #7,8 and 9 they want me to determine if any of those call handlers are
> used?  There is no "Dependency Records" for determining this.  Not
> sure how one would do this.
>
> Am I missing some obvious tools and knowledge here for answering this stuff?

Ed Leatherman
Assistant Director, Voice Services
West Virginia University
Telecommunications and Network Operations