[cisco-voip] Unity Questions ?

Dane dane at pktloss.net
Thu May 14 12:45:48 EDT 2009

I have been asked to provide answers to a bunch of unity questions
that relate to a migration and upgrade that is taking place.

Some of these questions seem a bit crazy to me.  I say that because I
would think there is a way for them to get the answers themselves some
how.  Some tool or something that could be used to get the info they
are requesting.

For instance here are some of the questions:

3).For each called/forwarded number which call handler/subscriber does
it route to?
4).For each Call Handler/Subscriber what are the alternate/close/open
transfer options?
5).For each Call Handler/Subscriber what are the alternate/close/open
greeting options?
6) For each Call Handler/Subscriber what are the call input options?
7). Is the default opening greeting call handler used?
8). Is the default operator call handler used?
9). Is the default goodbye call handler used?

#4,5 and 6 want info on "each subscriber"?  Seriously?  They expect me
to go and look at 500 subscribers and document what I find?  Has to be
an easier way.

#7,8 and 9 they want me to determine if any of those call handlers are
used?  There is no "Dependency Records" for determining this.  Not
sure how one would do this.

Am I missing some obvious tools and knowledge here for answering this stuff?