[cisco-voip] IP Phone Keep Looking old CCM

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Thu May 14 15:49:02 EDT 2009

The security profile only comes into play when your cluster is in
mixed mode.  If this is true then even though your security profile
is set to unsecured the phone will still have downloaded the CTL.tlv
file and thus will only use a TFTP server that is specified in the
CTL file.  Unless you ran the CTL client and added your new cluster's
TFTP server as authorized then the phones would never have picked up
a config file from the new cluster.  If you gave the new servers the
same IP address as servers in the old cluster then the phone's "old"
config file would have been sufficient once you changed system-
 >server to reference IP address rather than hostname.

-Ryan