[cisco-voip] Router to Dial POTS line

Jeff Ruttman ruttmanj at carewisc.org
Fri May 15 10:05:05 EDT 2009

Thanks Jim.

This is exactly our setup here, and I too was using my cell to
test/troubleshoot.  This was very helpful as was everyone else's help.

In the end, it was the CM config, and I've got everything working now.
It was Paul's initial response that set me on the right track.  On the
gateway, it was a mere typo in the name of the router.  As you surely
know, that meant CM couldn't find the device nor register it.  Too bad
my typo wasn't in a description field :-)  I would have eventually
realized what was broken, but really I SHOULD have noticed right away
that the GW wasn't registered.

Still, it got me looking at the router, and I learned a few things, and
thanks to Peter learned why I couldn't get the router to call.  I might
have succeeded even there if the port had not been MGCP controlled.

All this pretty basic stuff, I know, but I'm pleased.  And again really
appreciate all the excellent help.

Thanks

Jeff