[cisco-voip] Cisco Attendant console and CCM version 7

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Wed May 27 10:08:08 EDT 2009

New installs of CUCM 7.x will not see the AC client available for
download on the plugins page.  Upgrades from older versions will
still see the plugin available and in all cases the back-end services
are still there and working (supported too).  Apparently the feedback
on this decision in 7.0 was such that they (we) decided to make the
AC plugin available on cisco.com so that even customers with fresh
installs of CUCM 7.0 can still use the Cisco AC.  I don't know if the
AC client for 7.1 will be provided in the same manner.

The writing is on the wall (as they say) for Cisco AC.  It will be
going away sooner than later and customers that use it heavily should
be preparing to find alternatives, whether it be the ARC product or
some other.

-Ryan