[cisco-voip] Unity error message ... Windows Product Activation

Matthew Linsemier mlinsemier at apassurance.com
Wed May 27 15:20:37 EDT 2009

I ran into this... Did you enter the Windows Server 2003 product key that
was on the front/back of the Unity OS system disks (assuming you used these
to build the server)?

Matt

On 5/27/09 3:08 PM, "Biffle, Gerrad" <Gerrad.Biffle at greensboro-nc.gov>
wrote:

> I¹m getting the following error message in our Unity 7 Event App logs:
>
>>> Event Type:     Error
>>>
>>> Event Source:   Windows Product Activation
>>>
>>> Event Category: None
>>>
>>> Event ID:       1000
>>>
>>> Date:           5/27/2009
>>>
>>> Time:           3:04:48 PM
>>>
>>> User:           N/A
>>>
>>> Computer:       UNITY1

>>> An error occurred while the wizard was checking the current Windows product
>>> license. Error Code: 8: 0x80070057
>>>
>>> For more information, see Help and Support Center at
>>> http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp
>>> <http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp> .
>
> I¹ve opened a TAC case and I¹m waiting for a response.  Can anybody shed any
> light on this?
>
> Thanks!

CONFIDENTIALITY STATEMENT
This communication and any attachments are CONFIDENTIAL and may
be protected by one or more legal privileges. It is intended
solely for the use of the addressee identified above. If you
are not the intended recipient, any use, disclosure, copying
or distribution of this communication is UNAUTHORIZED. Neither
this information block, the typed name of the sender, nor
anything else in this message is intended to constitute an
electronic signature unless a specific statement to the
contrary is included in this message. If you have received this
communication in error, please immediately contact me and delete
this communication from your computer. Thank you.