[cisco-voip] Users not listed in Unity Directory

Bob Fronk bob at btrfronk.com
Thu May 28 08:19:29 EDT 2009

CCM: 6.1.2.1000-13

When using the "dial by name directory", some users with common last names are not found.  Example:  A caller dials "76484" for "Smith".  We have several employees with last name "Smith".  However, only two of them are found when a caller uses the dial by name directory.

I have confirmed that "list in directory" is checked, and the user has established a voice mail box and recorded a greeting.

This is also happening with a couple other users that have same last names, but different first names.

Any ideas how to get these users to show up in dial by name directory?

Bob