[cisco-voip] where are the messages going?

Pat Hayes pat-cv at wcyv.com
Thu May 28 14:50:22 EDT 2009

1. Verify whether the message was actually recorded - after you record
the message, hit # and dial the option to play your message back. If
there is nothing there, the problem is upstream of Unity (one way
audio)

2. Look for warnings/errors generated in event log when this user
receives a message

3. Check in exchange to see if forwarding is configured for that user's mailbox

4. Check exchange message tracking - does it show exchange receiving
the message? Does it get delivered to the user? If it shows the
message as delivered, likely something on the client end (inbox rule,
etc) is moving it (message must remain in inbox to be accessible).