[cisco-voip] DTMF relay with Verizon SIP Trunk?

Nick Matthews matthnick at gmail.com
Thu May 28 23:17:57 EDT 2009

The digit drop keyword should only be added if you're doing in-band
(2833 NTE) to out-of-band (SIP notify, kpml, h245 alpha/signal).

This makes the router pull the RTP packet out of the stream when it
sends the out of band message.  If you have SIP-SIP with 2833-to-2833
this will cause a DTMF failure.

-nick