[cisco-voip] FYI: FN - 63255 - MCS-7815-I2 and MCS-7825-I2, BIOS error prevents a system from booting if rebooted after October 1, 2009

Ryan Ratliff rratliff at cisco.com
Mon Nov 2 09:29:05 EST 2009

Before you do anything I'd recommend upgrading the BIOS to get the fix
for the bug and then setting the date back.

-Ryan

On Nov 2, 2009, at 4:28 AM, Anthony Kouloglou wrote:

Well good morning,
i have not see it coming and now i am facing the bug!
I run 5.1.3f on a 7825I2 server and got the problem after a reboot on
friday!
So, i did what cisco describes, got into BIOS, changed the clock to a
2005 day and the server rebooted correctly(?)
1.I can navigate to the CCM administration page
2. i can access the cli

but,
3.when i navigate to the OS administration, i enter username password
and it does nothing!!
4. also, in the serviceability web page, there are 2 columns missing!!
Start time and UP-time!!

What can i do now?
Shall i proceed to the 5.1.3g upgrade through the CLI or shall i
install my cucm from scratch?

Thanks and kind regards,
Anthony